PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Snow @ LHR this afternoon (8/1/03)
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2003, 20:08
Roobarb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This was a massive attack on the UK by Al Qaeda using deadly snow tipped missiles. Like the US carbon fibre bombs which are used to knock out a countries power grid, small numbers of snow flakes can be used to shut down all kinds of transport operations in the UK.

Seriously, and sadly, I’ll tell you now what the answer will be. The beancounters will tell us that it simply not cost effective to resource for 1.37 snowdays in each financial cycle, the risk management scenario making it more efficient to take a customer service blowback and compensation hit than to employ expensive human resources to operate deicing equipment.

In the same vein, because they think they’ve found a cheap way of running airlines, we no longer resource for wind, fog, mist, sun, rain, hot weather, cold weather, weather of any sort, operations off schedule, operations on schedule, aeroplanes that require fuel, aeroplanes that don’t require fuel, aeroplanes that need to be parked, parking stands, car parks, bus stands, buses in general, general handling facilities, facilities for disable passengers, facilities for able bodied passengers, able bodied pilots, able bodied cabin crew, or paper plates.

I’m sorry gentle passenger, I’ve tried so hard but these people are not of this Earth. They are too busy wondering why real life doesn’t fit the computer model. Please may I ask you to have mercy on the crews and ground staff who do their very best to cope with the burden of a crassly inept ‘leadership team’. sob sob

AAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

I’ll take on the opposition anyday. It’s my management I can’t beat!
(edited because I'm not allowed to say that)