PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Amiri Flight Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2012, 07:11
Amiri01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A310Capt,

It's good news for those in the pipeline to hear that the screening process is continuing.

WRT the package alone, I would classify it as "reasonable". It's not fantastic and it's not hopeless. It sort of lies in the middle. The housing allowance is fair, the medical/dental insurance is generally adequate, the LOL insurance is probably average, life insurance is on the low side, per diems are good, annual leave tickets are reasonable.

At the end of the day, the important factor is how much you will be saving after you have factored in job satisfaction and quality of life for you and probably more importantly your family. The amount you save is not relevant if you/family are not happy here (what Mutt says above).

The amount you will be able to save in this job (and hence the "reasonableness" of the package) will be dependent on your family composition and your interests.

It wouldn't surprise me that if you are single, you could probably send home in the order of QAR45k+ per month while still living a decent life (any single Amiri pilots feel free to correct me here). With a wife and a few school age kids living with you in Doha, you could probably send home QAR25k+ per month on average while still having holidays and paying for hobbies/pasttimes etc.

What must be recognised is that there are potentially significant lifestyle changes associated with this job and it's location. These have been discussed on this thread previously and must be a major factor when considering the suitability of this job.

Cheers,

Amiri01