PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2012, 23:56
ayau813

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello, i'm new here and would just like to ask a few questions for those who have had experience/been successful.

I'm really really interested in the second office cadet programme but have no previous experience in flying. I've always loved planes and dreamt as a child to be able to fly one one day. However, due to facilities where I live in the UK, I never had the opportunity to become involved in aviation.

I know that there is a programme for those who have low flying experience but not sure if they accept those who have none. I do meet all the criteria they want/prefer: I am british born chinese with first language English Cantonese 2nd language), Full permanent HKID, Achieved the GCSE/A-Level required and working towards a degree, Good fitness and health, 173cm height, 20 years of age and I definitely have the passion they require to become part of their team.

Please help me out on a few questions I want cleared up and give me some helpful tips on applying. Thanks in advance:

1) When does the 61 week training start? I'm currently in my final year of university and will (hopefully) graduate in summer 2013. Is it ok to try applying now even though I won't be able to begin any sort of training for another year?

2) Are there interview facilities in UK? I won't be heading back to hong kong for a year or two now (unless it's crucial to go there for the interview)

I would really appreciate for someone to help answer these questions and also give me some helpful tips. Thanks so much.