PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Confidential Reporting
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2012, 23:45
ALAEA Fed Sec

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You may also wish to get support from CASA, however they have a big conflict so getting the balance may require legislative changes
I will certainly talk to John Mc about it. I think they will be supportive of the idea and no legislation changes are required. It all already fits in with current rules.

Take standard company policy or CASA Reg. They nomally are already prefaced with "if you become aware of ......". So as a LAME if I am told that a person certified for work they are not licenced for and was supplied a copy of paperwork, I am actually obligated already to report it. Even if I am Federal Sec ofthe ALAEA.

So back to the CASA talk. I think the "talk" would be friendly, the idea welcomed as a fantastic idea. When we left, I suspect they would immediately call their favourite customer to try and shut us down. With the support of the employees in the industry, that would be impossible.

Again another reason for us not to be independent. We declare our vested interest and make it clear. Our fate as airworthiness inspectors (LAMEs) and emergency crisis directors (Pilots) will not be compromised because we are also employees.