PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Barry Hempel Inquest
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2012, 23:17
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tin hat - good idea

Guys, please, I am categorically not defending BH nor any other who would show a – "willingness to break the law in the certain knowledge that in doing so creates a REAL risk to the life of another". Reckless is not on the horizon. Culpable homicide, manslaughter etc. perhaps, all come to mind. The fact that BH was thought medically fit to fly beats me, let alone any of the many 'other' issues surrounding this whole sorry business. It's a mighty puzzle for the legal eagles to be sure.

All I was trying to say is that there is a willingness to be judgemental about others, particularly when it come to aviation (any crew room in the world). See, EKG was not used in defence of BH, but to point out that people can and do see things differently, particularly when it's 'your' arse on the line. (Scuba diving ?- no way José).

This is a sad, sorry case for all and bad enough without it becoming a slanging match based on 'one mans' view of what or who constitutes being 'dangerous'. Just my AUD$ 00.20.

Last edited by Kharon; 10th Aug 2012 at 23:18.