PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 9
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2012, 17:20
TTex600

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DozyWannabe

FMS/FMC is the automation component regardless of FBW - "advanced A/P" (when compared to, say, the old Sperry and Smiths units) is as good an analogy as any.
You're incorrect and I've already given the reason. An FMC/FMS is not an advanced autopilot.

Originally Posted by DozyWannabe
I'm perfectly happy to be corrected by the way - can you name an incident where "what's it doing now"? was related to the FBW and not the automation?
I refuse to argue from your position. If you want to discuss in context, 'll be glad to do so. Actually, I'll help you - again. The context was this: pilots do not always know exactly what an airplane is doing. Go back and read post 649 from the "AF447 Report Out" thread Rumours and News. Here, I'll make it easy for you
Originally Posted by TTex600
Who conflated anything? I told an old joke in the context of an Airbus pilot who might not know exactly what his machine was doing at all times. A3-TWENTY said this. "Note:I fly the airplane for almost 10 years and like it , but I assume it has imperfections.". jcjceant answered with this, "I hope you will not have to suffer the imperfections that you assume exist on the Airbus .. for to assume means not knowing exactly who they are and therefore you risk finding yourself in a situation that you will not understand ..".
I followed with an old joke to illustrate that pilots do not always know what the airplane is doing. Nothing in that joke denigrates Airbus. If anything, it's pilots laughing at each other.
We could probably get along well if you could find it in yourself to answer what I write instead of trying to use my words tomorrow further your jihad against what you judge to be misinformation.

Regarding the questions I asked. I know the answers......because.......... I actually operate the airplane.