PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TWA Constellation Flight
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2012, 13:25
TimKM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TWA Constellation Flight

I emigrated to the States from Ireland on Nov. 2, 1953 on TWA "Sky Tourist" flight #967. The flight departed Shannon, Ireland at 11:55 PM local time and made an unscheduled stop in Iceland for several hours, due to mechanical problems. I then flew on to Idlewild Airport, New York City, arriving on Tuesday, Nov. 3, 1953 in the evening, several hours beyond the original scheduled arrival time of 10:05 AM.

I would like to verify if the plane was a Lockheed Constellation L749A, but I don't know the construction number, registration number, or fleet name. The only reliable information I have is from a copy of my ticket, which I still have. It only lists the flight number and the scheduled departure and arrival times from Shannon to Idlewild. Perhaps the TWA timetable issued Nov. 1, 1953 would provide some missing information, but I've not been successful in finding a copy. Are there recommended resources that would match the construction number, registration number, or fleet name to flight #967 for Nov. 2, 1953 out of Shannon, Ireland to Idlewild Airport, NY? Perhaps there's a record somewhere documenting the unscheduled stop-over in Iceland.