PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What should I do and what would airlines think?
Old 10th Aug 2012, 10:56
bobsawyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What should I do and what would airlines think?

I am at university and currently hold a PPL. Over next two years at uni i have the opportunity to take ATPL ground school (learning it as part of my course as well as signing up to a distance learning course), hour build and get Night rating in year 2. Get ME rating in summer of year two. Then IR in year three (with 40 hours on sim at the uni which makes it very cheap!) and then CPL in summer of year three. With flight training in conjunction with a flight school near uni.

I don't know whether to take this option throughout uni or wait till i've finished uni then apply to "scholarships" or whatever with airlines (BA FPP and such like) or just do a normal modular after uni, or to complete some of it whilst at uni, concentrate on studies in year three and finish the rest after. Could do with some advise on what to do?

Also do airlines care what route you took to gaining your "frozen" ATPL or not. Like do some prefer those student that have gone through the integrated route and some prefer modular? Or are they not bothered about how you got the license as long as you have the correct license and right skills for the job?

Any help appreciated thanks!