PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Confidential Reporting
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2012, 06:04
hiwaytohell

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Steve

For my 2 bobs worth I think whilst the idea has some merit, there are a few hurdles to get over.

Firstly independence. To be truely effective the system needs to be independent and not seen to leverage anyone's vested interest.

May I suggest rather that the unions "leading" this initiative, you take the initiative by "strongly supporting" an independent entity, like Aviation/Aerospace Australia, Australian Association of Aviation and Aerospace Industries, or Flight Safety Foundation... it would also be worth having a yarn to Chris Manning with regards to the The Australian Aviation Associations Forum (anything you want to achieve will be difficult if you don't get the RAAA on side early), and even BASI.

Another person worth a yarn would be Dr Graham Edkins, he did a lot of work in this field some time ago... so could save a whole bunch of wheel reinvention!

From that getting as wide as possible buy in from the stakeholders.

You may also wish to get support from CASA, however they have a big conflict so getting the balance may require legislative changes... which as you know is a long hard road! A chat to John McCormick would be worthwhile, but my suggestion would be to have that dialogue with some other industry partners, because if it was seen as just a union initiative it could be treated with suspicion.

Then some funding to help whoever gets the gig!.

And most importantly establishing an industry wide "just culture"!

Last edited by hiwaytohell; 10th Aug 2012 at 06:06.