PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GA crash near Welshpool
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2012, 20:39
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very sad result in an area I know well too and to two pilots I had a lot of admiration and respect for.
In a way those sort of conditions are the worst not really in IMC not really fully visual.
Both pilots knew the area well as well as the patches of cloud which would accumulate on and around those hills especially long mountain.
It is a stark reminder to us all that even the best are not immune from the slightest tiniest error yet such a tiny error having such devastating results.

We as pilots do our best and when these things happen We like to feel that its to a pilot/s who are an accident waiting to happen or a wreck of an aircraft waiting to fall apart!

When they are both such brilliant pilots in a good aircraft it makes us aware of our own vulnerability.

I have lost 7 good friends now to aviation Bob and Steve taking that from 5 to 7! Lost for words!

Bob having co piloted me on the Citation on a couple of occasions I was stuck for a licensed pilot and on various multi engine twins as well as covering me on flights I could not do! a safe pair of hands! A great guy and superb pilot!

Steve having initially carried out my twin rating on a Baron 55 many moons ago a great instructor who became a much respected Easy Jet Captain.
Sadly I met him after not having seen him for 15 years just before this tragic accident. The same very likable person excited by his new direction back to his beginnings.

Both are sadly missed and will never be forgotten thanks for the ride guys and all you both taught me !!!

Pace

Last edited by Pace; 9th Aug 2012 at 22:46.