PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How to land a professional flying job in Asia
Old 9th Aug 2012, 17:27
gcpilot8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you Airmann for your response.

Firstly, this is the Middle East forum, so you won't find info on places like India or the Far East here
I was throwing this question on Middle East forum as a lot of US pilots are working in the ME so I thought someone would put some light on this subject. The "South East" forum is basically dead with a very few posting concerned to job hunting and type rating

if you work for a Middle Eastern Airline, you will not be flying home very often.
At first my lines were blurred between commute contract flying and flying for a company permanently (flying for Middle East companies VS commute contract flying in China), hence the question. Now I do have some information regarding those different aspect of expat flying and learning more through forums everyday.

i would suggest you fly regional in the states for a few years to get your experience, after a few thousand hours under your belt you can apply for jobs in the Middle East.
Thats what i have been advised by other fellow contract expat pilots and this is the way to go, some few thousand jet hours and preferable with some PIC time to accompany that.

Thank you again for your suggestions.