PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BOURNEMOUTH - 3
Thread: BOURNEMOUTH - 3
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2012, 13:25
possibleconsequences

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nakata.

I stated facts in my last post - not rumours and certainly didn't intend scaremongering - however,rumours are around that there is an option to close the terminal and continue as a g/a airfield - i hope they are wrong.. The business park may deliver profits to MAG but it does not deliver profits to Bournemouth (as i understand it ). Profits from the industrial park do not go to Bournemouth's accounts, though presumably the profit from flying activities from the industrial park do.Also,Bournemouth has to pay MAG back the money it borrowed to build the terminal.

Bournemouth made a loss last year because the forecast passenger numbers that justified the terminal have not appeared due to recession so at the moment the LCC model (or any other, for that matter) isn't working as projected, it presumably is the best bet for the future though. Your point on Palmair - i'm not sure how much that changed things so i can't answer that.

I have it on good authority that the safety team will be missed and firemen do not sit round 75% of the time. Clearly, you would hope that the essential safety aspects have been maintained though.

I hope, and presume that it will survive as a viable passenger airport so if Pottwidler and yourself have rumours or facts to back up the statement that 'the airport is moving' and 'it will grow this year from last' then i'd be genuinely delighted to read them.