PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAA Military Accreditation
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2012, 12:37
BEagle

Received 270 Likes on 109 Posts
I have been informed that the chaps at 22Gp have been rather upset by the tone of some posts on this thread, considering them to be of 'an abusive nature and totally unacceptable'.

Which is understandable. However, equally understandable is the anger and frustration of many caused by the loss of the previous levels of accreditation, particularly for experienced pilots with years of loyal service, now seeking a career change. Hardly surprising that one or two may have made rather intemperate remarks on the board as a result, I would venture to suggest.

In my own case, although I have been out of the RAF for many years, I feel particularly peeved at the loss of 'experience QSP' accreditation, having written the original paper which sparked off the MCWG work of others, leading to the excellent pre-Apr 2012 system we once enjoyed.

But I also recall, as will Alex W, the 17 Nov 2008 FCL WG meeting with EASA at CAA Gatwick when, in a response to the direct question I posed, EASA's Michaela Verissimo assured me that the system in place at that time could continue under national arrangements - to which the CAA's Ben Alcott nodded his approval. It then came as something of a bombshell to learn that EASA's former assurance had not been upheld.

So, Rich, if you're reading this I'm sorry if I've ruffled your feathers at all - or those of anyone at the CAA. But the plain fact is that Part O in its present form is markedly inferior to the previous scheme; a scheme which stood the test of time and was never a safety issue. In my opinion it is vital to the Service Interest that all the previous JAR-FCL credits, particularly those for Skill Tests and Theoretical Knowledge Examinations, are fully restored. Otherwise you will risk losing a lot of front-line experience, particularly if the alleged airline expansion ever becomes reality.