PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fired over a water bottle?
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2012, 10:40
Rananim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This culture of grassing is dangerous and a generational thing.We never had it before.Flying as a professional crew entails mutual trust/respect.How can you do that if you know your own crew are out to get you.Its a flight safety issue because it breeds division and mistrust,just what you dont need on a flight.I see crews today separated on the bus..flight deck on their own away from FA's,each with their own union,US vs THEM attitude.Its wrong.You report a fellow crew member as a last resort and only if the infraction affects flight safety.
Pilots would never have tolerated this culture of openly-encouraged grassing by any crew member.But then again pilots would not have tolerated much of what goes on now which amounts to the decline and eventual death of a bygone profession.So pilots themselves are to blame for this.The pilot character that would have checked something like this in the bud was itself extirpated beginning roughly 25-30 years ago with deregulation,CRM,social change in society as a whole,political correctness etc.Now the pilot is replaced by the sterile charcterless system operator.If you show any sign of rebellion or fight(ie. cohones for those less pc) you are a threat to safety,a maverick who needs to go back to crm class.
I dont know what happened in this qatar incident but if the Captain cant freely take a bottle of water from the galley,then what has the world come to?Political correctness out of control.Of course,I suppose if you're crazy enough to go fly planes in a dump like qatar then you probably deserve everything you get.