PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA Cadet Pilot - All Batches, Merged
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2012, 03:08
flying.monkeyz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1.) Does SIA still have any eyesight requirement?

The eyesight and any other medical requirement is clearly stated in Singapore Air Safety Publication Part 9, which can be found at http://www.caas.gov.sg/caasWeb2010/e...Amendment1.pdf

2.) I am planning on doing an FAA CPL/IR/MER and then applying for the cadetship. Does this makes sense?

Not necessarily. Having an FAA CPL/IR/MER doesn't guarantee anything. Recently a cadet with FAA CPL/IR/ME with FI was accepted and still he had to start from scratch.

3.) If I am accepted to SIA after having done my own CPL, what stage would I be fast-tracked to?

That depends on what CPL you do. Some countries allow you do to a basic raw CPL VFR single-engine. You then have to do quite a lot more. What you will be exempted on depends on CAAS. Some foreign CPL are not even recognized by CAAS. But whatever the case you will still have to write all Singapore ATPL papers, according to Singapore Air Safety Publication Part 2 Chapter 12.

4.) When is SIA starting recruitment of cadet pilots next?

Things are really slowgoing as you can imagine with the world economy in crap mode. Watch this space.

5.) Will having PES C status affect my Class 1 Medical?

Refer to answer 1 above.

6.) Does it help having a uni. degree?

It may, but doesn't guarantee anything.

Last edited by flying.monkeyz; 9th Aug 2012 at 22:57.