PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA Cadet Pilot - All Batches, Merged
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2012, 02:14
SingaporeAirlines

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you for the measured response. I indeed will and seeing as my company registers its aircraft VP and is an international company, we welcome people of all backgrounds if they have what it takes.

May I, flying.monkeyz, request you then to field some questions that have been posed to me by many of our silent readers of PPRune through PM? Seeing as it is National Day lets do our part to help our countrymen such that one day they would be of such a high standard that we can do away with foreign pilots in SIA.

I have answered most of these questions PMed to me but the ones specific to SIA I cannot answer. Those questions are below.

1.) Does SIA still have any eyesight requirement?
2.) I am planning on doing an FAA CPL/IR/MER and then applying for the cadetship. Does this makes sense?
3.) If I am accepted to SIA after having done my own CPL, what stage would I be fast-tracked to?
4.) When is SIA starting recruitment of cadet pilots next?
5.) Will having PES C status affect my Class 1 Medical?
6.) Does it help having a uni. degree?

The no.5 question I can also answer. Yes and No. Depending on what your problem is. My only advice: Fork out that 200 bucks and go to AFMC in Paya Lebar and go get it done yourself! Haha

Since you wanted this forum to be more productive towards our future cadets, I am doing my part