PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA Cadet Pilot - All Batches, Merged
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2012, 01:07
SingaporeAirlines

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bang, I've seen Malay cadet pilots of various background, from diploma holders to CPL/IR holders, from both side of the causeway, making through the interviews. Some of those are undergoing training even as we speak. So this argument about the right race to me is a waste of time. Yes you may see there are more people of the "right race" being selected. That's also because proportionately there are more people of your so-called "right race" in this country. That doesn't mean that Malay candidates are disadvantaged in the selection process. I suppose luck wasn't on your side on the day of your interview.

I've conducted many interviews myself and I sometimes use that statement too. It's not meant to put down the candidates but rather see how they react and respond.
You know what brother. Perhaps you are right. Maybe that day was just plain unlucky for me. But you would be surprised that my inbox is full now from onlookers of this forum asking me for advice and telling me their story.

A handful are from potential Malay and Indian cadets telling me how they felt they were discriminated. Maybe we are all losers haha. Or maybe they were discriminated. Surely you agree that racism is a problem in Singapore? I would not go too deeply into this but yes, I shall leave this point at that.

But I am happy that you give everyone a fair shot. Too bad I never kena you during my interview.