PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 9
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2012, 20:35
RetiredF4

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
What you describe would be a pure C law. My understanding is that Airbus uses a C* law. A C* law will progressively switch from g command to pitch rate command when the speed decreases, i.e. at the stall it will be mainly pitch rate. That means if no SS inputs are made it will keep pitch rate 0 which means constant attitude.
If SS is left neutral it should keep constant attitude throughout. That is also what BEA considers neutrally speed stable.

Could you point me to any source that states that Airbus instead is using a pure C law and that BEA (and myself) are wrong?
We had this before.

As i understand it it only references the value to change, in low speed the reference will be pitch change, in other cases g command. But stick neutral it will be 1 g.

During all those threads i copied following sentence, source now unknown:

G command’ which is a desirable capability at high speeds, means that for a particular amount of control column force, you get (available energy permitting) the same ‘g’ regardless of prevailing airspeed. Similarly, in a pitch-rate command system, you get the same amount of pitch rate for a given control column force regardless of prevailing airspeed.

Last edited by RetiredF4; 8th Aug 2012 at 20:39.