PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA Cadet Pilot - All Batches, Merged
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2012, 17:38
SingaporeAirlines

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MyReply

Thank you for the long reply my friend. Of course I did a post mortem of my interview. I am a postgraduate degree holder you know haha

Let me bring to everyone's attention the plight of the Singaporean Malay. Disowned by his country, barred from serving in many branches of the Army, Navy and Air Force and yet not being part of the community up North across the causeway. Such is the plight of the Malay man in Singapore. The Indians in Singapore also face discrimination but to a slightly lesser degree than us.

When I walked into the interview room on the day of the interview, the HR Person, the Senior Captain and a Management Pilot (All Chinese) gave me a smirk I had never before seen in my life? I said, "Good Morning Sirs! It's a pleasure to meet you gentlemen today. My name is (not gonna say) and I'm delighted that you gave me the opportunity today to try for the cadet pilot program".

Their reply, "So....you want to be pilot is it? I look at your qualification I don't think you have what it takes leh?"

I see Poly Diploma holders who are of the right race just ease in to the program and here I was, an NUS Applied Mathematics Upper 2nd Hons graduate just being told that I do not have what it takes.

Happened back in NS too when I appealed to go in to the Army and I was told I did not make the security clearance and that I had to go join Civil Defense.

My family has been on Singapore long before Sang Nila Utama came to this island and I somehow fail the security clearance to some PRC idiot who just scooted his way across here to make a quick buck?

I answered every single question they threw at me to the best of my abilities and nothing came out of it. It was shocking that my application was so low on the pile that it took me 6 times to apply to even get called to the first interview only to get rejected.

Anyway to those who think I am only here to spread vile, please feel free to PM me your aviation questions and I shall be more than glad to answer them to the best of my abilities.

Some of you already have and I shall get back to you soon

All the best people.