PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RR Griffon 65
Thread: RR Griffon 65
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2012, 14:33
Peter-RB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No Pax, Thank you for that I had not considered the possibility of the wrong front end being bolted on, more will need to be looked at.

DaveR also thank you, it looked wrong for the translation unit rotary sump was not where it should have been and the feathering pot was not connected correctly so that one push would feather both props.

Richard, I used to have two PPacks incl Props as gate gaurdians to my block of offices, the props were the ones fitted originall I think to WR orL790, I am now looking for the log book to show , but also I have a picture sent to me by 8sqdn, in return for some new spares that I had that they wanted and that clearly shows the rear prop is the larger Diam.
it seems sad now to admitto this but most of the Griffon 58s used by the pylon racers in the US originate from my warehouse, we purchased the last 10 ( all with a good to go ticket) sold off from the closing of 8 Squardons AEW Shackletons, along with about 160 boxes of props, from Brand new not used to older ones that had gone lifex but I have no pictures close up so I am now looking, what a job PRB