PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Once a pilot - now a computer's sidekick
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2012, 10:36
pakeha-boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great post F/A.....but would also agree with the reality of the previous post....his point is also a valid one

I, on every possible occasion,request that the F/O fly visual apps(when conditons are appropriate),ie...no A/P,F/D,A/T......if they cock it up so be it....but in reality for some of these young fellas to "get the penny to drop"...they have to be able to "see" their shortcomings....and that applys to myself also

.....any operation that "Ban,s' these OP,s obviously has not seen their worth.and I have worked for these types.......I dont make the rules,but Ive been known to break a couple

Some of these young fellas that show up in the right seat and have been trained in flight schools in Oz/usa/EU.......show up with just over a couple of hundred hours.....from a single engine #.....thrown into the Airbus series,and your expecting them to hand-fly this stuff.....your bloody joking me!!!!!.....its not right,but its the way it is.......you just have to let them try a couple of times to find out where they really are in their training..........and it doesnt take much to find out,that they are not very far along at all

.....not trying to be disrespectful at all...but this is the stark reality of what some of us are dealing with

Last edited by pakeha-boy; 8th Aug 2012 at 11:02.