PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAFFT:- Goalpost change.
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2012, 10:29
OldnDaft

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The RAFFT really, really frustrates me. I'd like someone, somewhere to provide the empirical evidence of the problems that existed prior to the RAFFT that have subsequently been reduced as a result of it's introduction. People will say that it helps on Ops, and perhaps it does, but what did we do beforehand? There was no RAFFT, no Heat Acclimitisation Training and we still got the job done well. It appears to me that the PEd Branch & Trade have created this empire to justify their own existence given that there is no other reason to retain the Branch/Trade (PJIs should go to the Army, RIs to the TG15 (Medical) and ATIs could be replaced by civilians as could the unqualified club swingers in the gym). The RAFFT has become a self-licking lollypop that has done nothing to improve performance on Ops as far as I can see. For the record, I have never failed the RAFFT and have regularly deployed to hot/dusty areas of the ME (For example I was on the first plane into Kuwait in 98 to set up AAS - 2 days notice, little of the correct kit, no HAT, no RAFFT and the job was still done). The RAFFT is a total waste of time, effort, and money.