PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2012, 10:13
A4

Ut Sementem Feeceris

Received 149 Likes on 30 Posts
@FF

Whilst BALPA may not be perfect, what do you think it would be like without them? The recent pay deal negotiated outstrips my BALPA subs by a multiple of perhaps 10 depending upon profit - pretty good value for money I'd say (take note non-members....)

The whole Cadet issue is a mess - perhaps the new legislation/HMRC are going to force a solution. Bottom line is the company are NOT going to suddenly go all cuddley over this and start throwing contracts about. They want flexibility, there are droves of wannabes who are willing to provide said flexibility, only to have a sudden reality check about 6 months in despite being warned..... Just look back at threads from 2-3 years ago when this whole thing started.

The European economy is on the verge of meltdown, why would the company want to saddle itself with a shed load of employees (and associated liabilities) with such an unknown situation ahead. How does BALPA fight for non- employees? How can we take "action" in support of non-employees without opening ourselves up to disciplinery action? For example, I don't see many pilots "on strike" in support of the Dairy Farmers......despite agreeing with their grievance.

I'm not defending it, I'm just playing devils advocate - what would you do if it was your job to run the company?