PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SOUTHEND - 3 The new beginning
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2012, 09:34
EI-BUD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Domestically Glasgow and Edinburgh are still available from SEN - the large RBS presence at Southend should make those routes attractive
This is a very valid point. And interestingly enough EZY seem to be very successful on STN to BFS, EDI & GLA. Eventhough they did introduce a BFS I cant see them doing SEN to GLA and EDI. This could dent the STN numbers, I think when BFS to SEN was launched it was part of a wider London Strategy for Belfast London route in the face of bmibaby on Belfast City to Stansted and the European routes (which obviously have now gone). EZY were keeping the pressure on the competition on the crowded Belfast London route and for this reason I think BFS was chosen for a domestic SEN route rather then GLA and EDI. I feel that BE aircraft size much more suitable than say Airbus.
Would be nice to see the airport getting another operator. Would Wizz consider splitting its London operations between Luton and Southend?

Wizz being so well known by Poles, I feel that moving some flights would have minimal effect and lower cost base?? 319 perfectly suitable.

EI-BUD