PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAFFT:- Goalpost change.
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2012, 22:01
NutLoose

Received 2,940 Likes on 1,252 Posts
With just 2 days left in uniform, a visit to see their FS was needed to ensure that I got their signature. Common sense, for once, prevailed.
Lol Wensleydale when I left I cleared myself, bar SHQ PMC, Bedding Stores, clothing stores, the accommodation block, work and medical ( and I totally pissed them off by opening and reading my records in front of them ), I simply used multiple coloured pens and signed everything else myself... I don't think in my whole career did I ever clear from the Guardroom or the Gym etc.... What is the point of getting a bollocking and told to get a haircut when a simple squiggle took all that grief away.. Who the heck was going to take any notice or check... No one. If anyone asked, which they never did, I would have simply said well I cleared from them, check my card..

I remember arriving at a unit and moving into the block being presented with a mattress with a couple of minor stains on that had been circled and signed, I refused it as some sod had been billed to get it cleaned which they had not done, and I wasn't going to lie on it... They gave me a new one and I managed to knock the coffee percolator over on it... When I left I simply circled the huge great coffee stain and signed it... the Airforce worked on the assumption if a signature was in place it must be ok...

I simply cleared from those I would need docs sending to or from... Pay, medical and clothing.... The rest were simply detritus and a waste of space and my time.

Last edited by NutLoose; 7th Aug 2012 at 22:10.