PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAFFT:- Goalpost change.
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2012, 21:36
Melchett01

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Grimweasel,

Same here - I've actually got fitter with age and now regularly get better scores than I did as young 20-something whose idea of exercise was running to the bar for last orders. I have to say, I do like feeling fitter and the fact that my clothes now fit properly - more money for beer!

But I must admit the test is a bit of a balls ache, especially if done when hung over. and I'm not totally convinced that if you can pass it without having done any phys all year it is an accurate reflection of fitness -the fact that it's annual gives my Army colleagues hours of ammunition talking about averaging out sit ups and push ups over the course of the year. In fact, my catching the fitness bug had precious little to do with the fitness test or those complete arses in the gym at Cranditz, more to do with being utterly bored on numerous op tours and finding the gym to be home to a lot of rather cute and very tight USAF girls. But if that is the hoop the RAF want to make me jump through, so be it. Frankly it might be a balls ache, but it's still more fun than sitting at my desk answering bone emails.

Last edited by Melchett01; 7th Aug 2012 at 21:39.