PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - how confident were you when you took your exams?
Old 8th Jan 2003, 10:32
stator vane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up confidence?

for what it's worth, i'll put my two cents in.

i know how you feel. and i can honestly say that even when i walked out after taking the tests, i still didn't have any confidence. primarily anger at being subjected to such an insane useless process.

but as i passed meteo, ops procedures, the two comms and mass and balance, in the Dec tests, and earlier air law, and human remains, i can breath.

i went through small panics right before the tests, and right before opening the notice.

just took performance, principles of flight and instruments this week and have no idea whether i passed or not.

looking back, get the feedback questions by heart and in my humble opinion, all you need to really understand, is enough of the theory to understand fully the feedback answers.

all that other reading i did actually was a waste. you can know the subject, but their questions are such oblique, slanted plays on words, that one really has no idea what they are asking sometimes!

i am using Bristol and it has worked thus far. it is not easy, but really not rocket science either. they are worth their weight in gold. they will go through the insane process with you. just calling Noush and hearing her voice on the phone will raise the dead and make you feel that you can conquer the world.
Jacqueline will melt the fears away as well. Alex will put up with a student's insanity and Ken will open the principle of flight clouds that might be in your head.

but i am in a different category than most. 5000+ hours in the left seat B737 actually is a detrement in this case. in the real world of flying, you deal with real things. but these tests are unreal and totally disconnected with the actual events.

so treat it like another game. learn the questions and the answers.

back to the books for me now.