PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What is `promoting a flight` and the ANO?
Old 7th Aug 2012, 14:33
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is a blackline where something becomes illegal running up to that black line are shades of grey.
The blackline itself can be grey but I am sure you do not want to be the test case run through the courts.
Hence the more away from that blackline you are and the lighter the shades of grey the more your likely to be safe.
But do not for one minute consider that even in a perfectly legit private flight with your pals not paying a penny that you are totally safe because you are not if something goes seriously wrong!
Some operate a limited company to protect themselves and their assets but even those are not 100% secure.
You are a target whether the flight is legit or not!
The only safe way is if you own nothing or so little that its not worth the cost in chasing you as the potential spoils at the end wont meet the lawyers costs!
Even in a private flight with no cost sharing I would still suggest a document warning of the dangers of private non commercial flight and that your PAX have been made fully aware and appreciate those dangers and that they accept full responsibility for any damage to themselves and regardless of how the accident occurs that they do not hold you responsible in any way or manner. Get it drawn up and signed on any flight!

Pace

Last edited by Pace; 7th Aug 2012 at 14:45.