PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "Experience commensurate with age"- does it still exist in Australia?
Old 7th Aug 2012, 13:40
pakeha-boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ivor Biggun quote........If you have the right to live in the UK or other EU countries you won't come across Antipodean aviation folklore nonsense.....

Ivor....say it aint so.....feelings will get hurt here.....

Gearup....

All the best in your indeavour....I think you will do fine,if you 'bloodhound" this thing..Have recently flown with "Older" F/O,s(3),in your age group and a couple older,with low hours.My interest and conversations with them,were of the interview process etc....all were adamant that the age was a plus,and low time would eventuate into higher time.Their ability to present themselves,explain,and show their maturity was essential to procuring a position.....All had the attiude,that they really had nothing to lose,and were bloody fun to fly with....

I will say this,they all went the extra km to get a 320 endorsement...2 are still in that A/C and one has moved to the 330........their total times when applying were just less than 1000hrs......so mate,if your dead keen and serious about this,I think you will do well............the downside/upside,they have had to come to asia to do it....personal choice of course .The fact that they refused to allow age and lowtime as a hurdle to their endevours speaks highly of their attitudes,and perserverance..............best of luck mate