PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What is `promoting a flight` and the ANO?
Old 7th Aug 2012, 12:07
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
risk associated with private flying is higher than you might expect on a public transport flight
Whopity

Being pedantic maybe? But your above statement is not quite correct! The accident rate on private corporate jets is far lower than on AOC operated jets!
Yes I am sure the same is not true taking your mates flying around in a single engine aircraft but you need to look at like for like and the equivalent would be a commercial pilot taking your mates around in a single engine piston under an AOC ???

Does a private pilot taking his friends up for a free flight mean that those friends know the risks more than the same friends paying for it?
Does that make your friends on the free flight less entitled to protection by the law on safety grounds?

Why do they not just come clean and say its just pure and simple protectionism.

Peter

What always amuses me is the dial XYZ to win a holiday of a life time just answer the following question! Is the capitol of the UK 1 Bristol? 2 Brighton? 3 London?
What some people do to make something illegal legal? But if the legal boxes are ticked they are ticked!!!

Whopity I agree all is fine till its not! Your friends become non friends when they are lying in A&E with a broken Neck.
But do not be so sure with a perfectly legit private flight taking your mates for a free flight as you are bound to have done something wrong or if not? You will have as soon as the lawyers get involved.

Pace

Last edited by Pace; 7th Aug 2012 at 12:55.