PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airworthiness Surveyor UK CAA
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2012, 11:48
Capot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you couldn't be much wider of the mark with your assumptions if you tried.
OK, let's look at it. I made two assertions about Baines Simmons (and Avisa); firstly that they were started and are owned by ex-CAA staff and employ large number of ex-CAA staff, and secondly that the CAA/CAAi awards both companies a huge amount of valuable contracts that are not available to any other commercial company.

Both these seem to me to be easily verified statements of fact; am I wrong? If so I apologise. But I'll need some evidence.

From these facts, as I believe them to be, I drew the inescapable conclusion that there is a strong, corrupt and illegal connection between them. But if the facts are wrong, the conclusion is obviously impossible.

If you can provide incontrovertible evidence that Baines Simmons and Avisa are not owned, controlled and largely staffed by ex CAA employees, and that the CAA/CAAi runs a tender process for all its sub-contracted training that is open to all suitable qualified training providers in the EU in a transparent and fair process that conforms to legal requirements for Government and quasi-Government contracts in the EU, and has done so for, say, the last 10 years, I will withdraw all my remarks and apologise.

Last edited by Capot; 7th Aug 2012 at 12:08.