PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emergency scenario
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2012, 09:15
lowcostdolly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes I can. Travelling back from Greece a couple of years ago from my jollies the regular Captain was taken ill. Another Captain employed by the company concerned who was travelling back from his honeymoon flew the plane home and landed it extremly well

His take off was pretty good as well the regular guy was incapcitated on the ground.

EZY319 if we have a double pilot incap at 35,000 unless we have a type rated pilot on board we would be better off doing a PA for a priest. I too know how to contact the ground but do you seriously think a CC would be able to do all what Freda has said in this situation even if advised.

Our ground contact would probably give us lots of very kind reassurance before we either hit the side of a mountain or plough into the drink because we have no pilot sitting at the front to ensure otherwise. That's assuming we are not shot down first if we remotely became a danger to highly populated area's.

I am fellow cabin crew and cringed when I saw your remark about planes landing themselves. They need someone highly trained and qualified to tell them how and when to do this though. Otherwise they will land themselves when they either run out of fuel or hit an obstacle when flying on auto pilot.

We should know how to contact and talk to the ground as that would assist a lone pilot flying the plane. If we don't have that pilot we are screwed in this scenario.