PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracphone
Thread: Tracphone
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2012, 06:13
paulc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tracphone

Anybody else had the misfortune of trying this company. I was in the USA recently and my mobile does not work in the area I was staying and having some way of being contacted would be good. Popped down to local Target and bought a Tracphone + 60 minutes airtime for a good price. Despite numerous calls to Tracphone I was never able to get it to work so I took phone back to Target for a refund which they duly gave. However they would not refund the Airtime saying I had to contact Tracphone directly. This I did and after spending a considerable time on the phone finally got made some progress. On my return to the UK I scanned and emailed the original receipt and refund note along with both sides of Airtime card to Tracphone.

I am now getting emails from Tracphone saying I must contact them to progress it further as they want some confidential info about my credit card. I am not keen to do this because the cost of the phone call will make the value of the refund worthless and I have already given this info to them.

The amount is only $20 so it is not the end of the world but I do not see why I should loose out through no fault of my own.