PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aussie MRH-90
Thread: Aussie MRH-90
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2012, 02:27
Arm out the window

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Straight and level at 1000 feet, then back to the officers mess or hotel.
When was this, JPJP? If it was during the mid-to-late eighties, when I was flying Hueys with 35 and 9 SQNs, that is a total crock of crap.

A BTN or BDE level exercise involved deploying to the bush, living in hutchies or 2 man tents, digging shell scrapes, standing to and all the rest of it.

An airmobile assault was typically a four- or eight-ship split tac nav at 50 feet to RV on time and run in to an insertion, having been planned face-to-face with the ground commander to fit in with his intentions and meet his objectives and, strangely enough, with a full awareness of the appropriate intel factors.

Not readily available? We probably did more bush time than you, supporting numerous units. Funny old thing that a single unit might feel that they weren't getting their helicopters on tap when they were spread around.

I'm sure you found every company commander had a squadron of fully operational helicopters sitting around waiting for his call after the transfer to Army happened, did you? No, I thought not.

Good wind-up, if that's what you were doing! If not, you're talking rubbish.