PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Man dies on BA flight after eating food (In-flight Suicide on BA LAX Flight)
Old 8th Jan 2003, 07:12
Jet II

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As the originator of this thread I am quite surprised at the venom of some of the posters.

I thought it was an amusing story for 2 reasons:
  • As had been said by others - I find it very difficult to see how someone managed to hang himself in an A/C toilet - my first impression was that he was a very short guy.
  • I have also had the misfortune to have BA inflight meals and whilst some were so disgusting that I wouldn't feed them to my dog - I didn't think they were worth killing myself over.
Some posters have said that we should have sympathy for staff when doing distastful duties. I agree and I have also done many unpleasant/distasteful jobs (includes pulling bodies out of undercarriage bays) but have always found that humour is a great stress reliever. I feel that I am one of the last people in this country who does not believe that everyone needs 'counseling' to get through life's difficult times, a good joke and posssibly a stiff drink is usually sufficient.

As I seem to have genuinely upset some people I fully apologise for any offence caused - it was not deliberate.

PS. As to toilet doors, they are designed to be easily removable from the outside of someone collapses inside and blocks the door.