PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British pilot in prison in Central African Republic
Old 6th Aug 2012, 17:33
FERetd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Educated or Skilled?

500N Quote:- "If you or I went to live in the bush with Masai or some other hunter gatherers or the trackers who help on these Safari's to track game that you and I can't, then you and I become the uneducated.
Education is relative to your environment"

I would suggest that the hunter/gatherers and trackers to which you refer possess a skill which they employ in their respective fields. They may, of course be educated to a greater or lesser degree and be content with their lot.

But one thing is certain, without an education, one's choices are severely limited regardless of one's ambitions. And the better the education the better the options in life. It is possible to be a well educated tracker, if that is one's want. But it is not possible to be an uneducated doctor, lawyer, pilot architect etc. etc.

It is a sad fact that in the developing world populations are increasing faster than they can be educated and even if they could all be educated, where would they find employment?