PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flaring a light jet on landing like piston-aircraft???
Old 6th Aug 2012, 16:32
Cecco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flaring a light jet on landing like piston-aircraft???

Hi, I´ve observed some C525 pilots landing technique: it´s, regardless of the runway´s lenght, leaving the glideslope on short final, diving to the threshold (unless at night) and flaring the aircraft like a piston aircraft with the nose high up and the speed trend vector going WAY down before touching down.

Now, those folks who land like that come from the piston-engine squad and those I know are really experienced too both in terms of TT and jet time.
Yet this technique seems somehow wrong since they seem to have carried forward the landing technique of a piston aircraft. I doubt that anybody would land a medium or large-sized jet like that. I, for instance, used to fly on a C525 with a commander, who used to fly A320/A330, and he taught me the "proper" jet landing technique; i.e, nose up just a little, a slight flare and touchdown. Is there a right or wrong for a (light) jet´s landing technique???

Your opinions are welcome!

Cheers

Cecco