PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stalling - Help & Advice
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2012, 13:46
foxmoth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Totally disagree with this recognising incipient stalls is nothing new or groundbreaking pilots of old who were trained beyond incipient were equally aware of an impending stall !! Just better equipt to dealing with anything that developed beyond incipient!
If those pilots got into a full bloodied stall or worse a spin the ones trained to incipient would not have a clue what to do! Recovering instinctively come from experience not lack of it !
Pace, I can see you disagree with me, but not sure what you are disagreeing with??? I am not saying you JUST train to incipient (though recovery at this stage should be the emphasis) but that someone who is fully conversant and current with ALL stalling phases will be unlikely to reach a full stall because they will have reacted and recovered before this, and for those that say it will be useless at circuit height, a recovery done promptly at this stage will take about 50' - even fully developed (stall, not spin) you should only be looking at 100-200'.

Last edited by foxmoth; 6th Aug 2012 at 13:47.