PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyEASA, Ormond Beach, FL
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2012, 10:42
JimmyAnonymous

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hadn't dealt with the TSA forms before hand no. I wasn't made aware I could have but to be honest starting the day later than I expected wasn't much of a killer and I perhaps shouldn't have even mentioned that as compared to my low average of hours per day it was quite insignificant. 2 hrs a day I'd have been delighted with, the fact I thought it was 3.5 before going was all the convincing and reassurance I needed.

I say I wish I new the facts before going but I really only mean one fact, being, it's a slim chance of getting it done as advertised.

I'm not trying to stop anyone from going, the only thing I didn't like about the school is that I didn't get it done in the time they said, if they stated 4 weeks rather than 3 then at least I could have made a better decision. The price is also a bit misleading and the fact that I never got a penny back given it was their fault rather than mine is what's gotten my back up a little.

The only people I would deter is those who are on a tight budget and time scale. Those who don't mind adding £X amount and allowing for the likely eventuality of an added week or more then I'm sure they'll enjoy it, sadly it was too much of a stress for me to. I didn't do all my exams before going but had studied and was as good as ready for them, I wouldn't say that affected the outcome of my trip as I was still available at a moments notice to fly.

I would have rather had them done though so I could have focused more on the "Flying Training" book (which would be my recommendation to others) as there is enough in that to keep you busy.

It was my lack of hours however that let me down not my struggling with any exams.