PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Westbeach Flight Academy - Halfpenny Green
Old 6th Aug 2012, 07:00
goldeneaglepilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A summary from the Village idiot part 3.....

Last night Mcgoo made an interesting statement:

Well after your previous post about a student saying his credit card receipt was headed by some care home, the instructors printed a sample and it was flight academy Wolverhampton! But who am I to ruin a good
story?
Well Mcgoo - it does not ruin a good story, surely when you printed the credit card slip it should have said "Westbeach" rather than the name of another flying club?

Especially as it now looks as if the Flight Academy Wolverhampton is no longer trading, even though it was based on the same airfield and held CAA approvals in its own right, unlike Halfpenny Green Flying Centre or Westbeach.

My thoughts are that people are right to be cautious and want to know who exactly they are buying their flight training from and who they are paying the bill to.

Chatting last night to an accountant friend of mine was interesting, she said that trading in such away brings at the very least unwanted activity from HMRC and often results in events like the problems reported in the local newspaper for the owner of a number of businesses a short while ago:

£1.3m fraud probe raids on Shropshire businesses « Shropshire Star

Thanks for the invitation for a cup of coffee, Mcgoo and Westbeach Leader, but after a chat with the Pixies (who were very concerned) last night, I think I might take a rain check on that, but thank you anyway.

Last edited by goldeneaglepilot; 6th Aug 2012 at 07:10.