PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aviator academy in Fort Pierce
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2012, 06:50
Johnny Bekkestad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Lee:

I guess things must have changed since i left. When i was there D.S was still not assistant chief and could not sign papers.
What i was trying to say is that not anyone can sign the graduation certificate and if Pierre was sick then perhaps things should have been planned differently.
But i still believe it is mainly your instructors fault. He SHOULD NOT have scheduled your checkride with an examiner before you were done. And with done i mean all training and paperworks. If he had not done that then you would not have been in that particular situation. He broke school protocol and it pissed of the examiner. Now i know S.R very well and he is one of the coolest guys there but he could actually have failed you for it.

And talking about the 3 guys, they were the exception as you say it. But most people do finish in time. There are mainly 2 different types on students.
1. Want to fly, study hard and stay on budget.
2. Chase the skirts, love to party and sure i'll fly.
#2 rarely stay in time and budget, but i will guarantee you that 100% of them go online on different forums and complain. And of course some people are pure unfortunate and/or have valid complains and i believe they should speak up.

Fly safe
Johnny