PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BELFAST CITY AIRPORT (BHD)
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2012, 19:42
BFS101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
seems a good way to make something unprofitable. BA can pull the route and say "We tried."
That's very true, but why was Willie Walsh so vocal about wanting BA metal back to Northern Ireland, even before the bmi acquisition was on the cards??

Whilst we all know BA want and need more slots for long haul markets, BA have shown commitment to NCL. Now as ignorant as I am regarding NCL, I would hazard a guess that BHD would have greater profit potential. Yes Northern Ireland has EI as a codeshare partner, but whilst BA shows commitment to the regions, such as NCL and now LBA (seems a lil bizarre to me) I would reckon BHD will see BA metal for a while. Maybe coordinate schedules with EI, but a complete pull out again, I just don't see it.

Again just from what I have heard in the past, BHD was one of the more profit making routes for bmi. Combine this with, as I said WW's previous statement about having BA back in Belfast, BA continuing to serve the UK regions with BA metal at LHR, upping the BHD schedule for winter, and I just don't see a pull out. Though I could well be very much mistaken.