PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 report out
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2012, 14:14
TTex600

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Clandestino
There is absolutely nothing religious about pilots' training. Nothing is dogmatic, everything is verifiable. Warning that flight directors will lead astray if in wrong mode is included in every training, as is inculcating the habit to constantly check FMA for correct mode and selected values. It is entertaining to read the outsiders' misconception on the way airline pilots do their job but it gets a bit annoying when such notions are stubbornly touted to be true.
Random bits.

If the habit to fly pitch and power were as "trained" in Airbus training as is constantly checking FMA for correct mode and values ; and as is a slavish focus on satisfying the ECAM master, maybe we would have no accident to discuss.

Is it your position that every system is acceptable provided that the operator is "trained"?

Next, you can't have it both ways. Which instruments are primary? Flight directors and FMA's, or attitude and power? The "it could never happen to me" crowd was quick to inform us that the ill fated AF447 crew needed only to fly pitch and power, and now you inform that FMA is important. [/sarcastic bad attitude]

If none of this makes sense, see the next paragraph

It gets a bit annoying to have it implied that I the Bus pilot am an outsider to an airline pilots job, but this is a (basically) anonymous forum so I wont try to convince you otherwise. Your previous series of counterpoints show me that we have a language/cultural barrier and I only speak US Govenment school English. You failed to read it as I wrote it and that's my fault. Carry on.