PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC Wings ATP Scheme (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2012, 13:56
truckflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry, but you are walking in circles!

I recently helped 3 guys get job offer, which providing they don't screw up their training, they will have a job.

With this onus, I could put out an advertisement to perform assessment of potential candidates, same way as CTC, however of course not having the name as CTC have, I would probably come under more scrutiny.
However it would be fine of me doing this, I would not need to give any guarantees about anything, just a load of maybes, who knows, up turns, down turns.

So I could than charge each candidate £2000 to do an assessment, sim session with them, and put them in my own personal holding pool, in case I might get them a job offer within the next 24 months!

You find this ethically correct?

Here of course you have CTC vs Truckflyer!
Even if I just get one of those say 50 guys, who each paid me £2000, a job, I am in business like CTC, I have improved their odds!

I like this business idea, not bad!

"10% of this years intake coming from the non-primary pool in one company."
Ok and this means? If your company recruited 100 pilots this year, 10 of them would have come from ATP pool, correct?

"If the figure you seek is more than "zero", then you you should regard the opportunity as a "bonus." "
Are you serious!

Is that what a person should base his decision on, on such hollow promises, to part with £10.000 on, that it is more than ZERO chance to get a job?

If I was an interviewer, I would start to get worried, under pressure, because not having a job, having spent £50.000 - £100.000 on training already, and this is the choice you think is smart, son?? Sorry, I have to bin your application, because by accepting "our offer of NOTHING" - it shows a serious lack of judgement! - sorry, maybe this is what CTC are looking for?

"Your rather rambling rant seems to be tethered to an idea that there is a promise of a permanent job attached to this course"

Where have I said this? I have said CTC so elegantly says, WE PROMISE YOU NOTHING!
And I have repeated exactly this. So base on being promised nothing, they still convince people to spend £10.000 for ACQ course, which basic is a MCC/JOC course, which Oxford used to sell for £3950 in full motion sim!

Your accuracy and interpretation of what you think I have written is not the best!

Let me remind you the full facts, first you pay for your own assessment.
You pay for the ACQ course and accommodation.
Than you pay for your own Type Rating.
And you get offered a 6 months Flex contract!

And you telling me that is better than ZERO?

Of course, there is risk involved with training, I understand this, but the customer paying for all this, deserves to KNOW, before he pays the money, we are not talking about pocket change here, we are talking about serious money, enough to ruin a persons life for many years to come.

Confidential information about pilots being recruited? What nonsense, they do not need to require what company etc. just the number they have provided, which can be verified independently!
How many from the ATP pool have they provided for? How many did no get offers, this is probably the more interesting figure.

To go and spend £20.000 - £30.000, to work for 6 months on a flexi contract is not acceptable, only an idiot would do that, if he knew all the facts in advance!

I would like to see the stats just based on the ATP pool over the last 5 years, how many never got anything, however many got a temporary job, and how many got a permanent job.
Is this to much to ask for?

I thought pilots were supposed to be smart guys, it seems they are being dumbed down!

Of course let's add, without such CTC schemes, a lot of pilots would loose their extra jobs instructing, wouldn't they?
So how can we know if pilots commenting here don't have their own invested interest in that these courses get steady supply of "pilots!"
Not accusing you Bealzebub personally, but there is no objective information here!

I would like to know why a course that should cost around £3000, is priced at over £8000? Nothing so far anybody has said has convinced me that this is the holy grail! Rather the opposite, better things to spend your money on!

Last edited by truckflyer; 5th Aug 2012 at 17:25.