PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Egnatia Aviation Greece
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2012, 11:03
peterh337

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have never trained at Egnatia but have visited them twice (2009, 2011) on the GA fly-ins held at LGKV every so often, and spoke to them regarding the FAA IR to JAA IR conversion (which as the URL shows I eventually did here in the UK, so I could use my own aircraft).

My impression was that of a well organised school which ran smoothly. I also got the impression they would not spend countless hours on the UK's anal obscession with NDB holds and NDB approaches

So based on what I know I would concur with Olivez' post above, and I recommend Egnatia for someone wanting to do an intensive away-from-home piece of training.

The area is truly lovely and is the best place I have ever been to for hanging out for X weeks. Yes, do hire a car...

On the minus side, their email comms have been poor to nonexistent so if this has improved that's a big plus, because few people will part with 4+ figures without getting stuff in writing. For example I never got a written confirmation that they would accept the 7 UK IR exams. The 14 UK ATPL exams were no problem but I wasn't doing that. The other minus was that they absolutely required the wearing of the full pilot uniform, which in the heat....