PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dragonair (KA) recruitment?
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2012, 09:57
jimsmitty01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the info Kathey.

Seeing that KA were looking for around 40 new DEFO's this seems to be pretty self-defeating. Where are they finding these guys from then?

And for that matter how are the interviews progressing? You rarely hear any info on the screening process, so I can only assume there are only a handful of people getting invites.

From what I can see, anyone who wants to be based in HKG has the following options:

HKA / HKE - Anyone following that thread? Because it is highly entertaining in that there is a hell of a lot of bitching and not a single thread of positive news ! - Even the CAD seems to coming down on them now.

CX - SO position only. (Got to think carefully about that one if you have 3000 Hrs plus your not single and in your early 20's.!)

AHK - Cargo only. (No problems with that, but their recruitment drive is a little on the slow side..and there is very little information about their t's and c's)

Corporates - Totally different business, but anyway - e.g. Metrojet - Apparently under new management, not entirely popular either. Jet Aviation - Looking for corporate experience... but you never know!

KA - Read above. (Apparently no one seems good enough... which I still find hard to believe! - But I have no evidence to counter that, apart from logic ;-)

Of course 90% of this info is based from pprune.. so there is always going to be negativity.... but I am going to join the band wagon and say that the recruitment prospects here looks pretty tough.

Any suggestions?