PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - security, restore the balance of power
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2012, 09:34
Finalveridict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Manhandled in LHR

Where did we let these guys take the ball and run away with it? Once again, passing through the airport security gate at LHR, I beeped, going through the metal detector and then only I did, because the first agent insisted that the removal of my shoes was not necessary. What follows was first, a manhandling that I would only would have wanted would I have had a "rainbow coloured tag" on my luggage which I obviously had not, and I have nothing against people of that sexual orientation but it made me feel really uncomfortable! Then, the MI-5 wannabe agent "x-rayed" my prescription eye drops for some secret reason that he could not share with me and then recommended me to NOT wear my watch for future reference?! Why are these little people on this power trip? Why, do we, as commanders have let them subject us to all this nonsense? I agree with the screening of all people to board the aircraft but lets have some common sense here and lets once and for all stop groping the flight crew and have these "people" stop giving us advise on what or what not to wear! There is little respect left for aircraft commanders and we are partly responsible for it! I for one will try to stop getting trips to the UK!