PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emergency scenario
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2012, 22:48
TightSlot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm sorry, I wasn't being entirely serious when I said all that

This particular fantasy has been doing the rounds with the more hardcore simmers since time began, and I'm never sure that it should be promoted. Millions of people, including me, have at some time installed a sim on a PC and discovered that pulling back on the stick makes the little houses get smaller, and again bigger if you push it. So far, so good, and then we get on with our real lives. The problem is that the more complex sims are systems and procedural trainers rather than simulators of real flight, let alone life on the line: Unfortunately this is not always appreciated. There are any number of threads in R&N that have been polluted by pseudo-technical responses from people who are only employed as Flight Crew in their own minds - PPRuNe anonymity and Ms Flight Sim allows them to feign a a level of knowledge that they do not have.

I suppose that, like all good fantasies, there is a small grain of the possible buried somewhere inside: A lot of Swiss Cheese would need to be involved and aligned.

I'm just not certain that we should encourage them?