PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA Cadet Pilot - All Batches, Merged
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2012, 14:09
nickings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow, not that i'm really interested in getting into a verbal tangle with you, but @SingaporeAirlines, don't you think that's going a little too far? your vitriolic stance against foreigners has been made very clear, thank you very much. i'm just about as Singaporean as you can get, but when you possess an attitude like that, i cannot imagine the multiplicity of ways as a future pilot of SIA, that you will be breeding negativity with all the people that you work with.

don't get me wrong, i am in not a champion for foreigners and neither am i someone who is completely free from xenophobic sentiment. your need to blame someone for the current situation that has befallen the aviation industry has been at times, rather amusing. but when it comes to a lowblow in the form of your last post, i feel insulted on behalf of every other pilot cadet hopeful out there, that immaturity of such a level has permeated through our ranks.

so thank you once again for your bumptious views on how lowering interview standards will lead to building a more capable flight ops department vis-à-vis a better SIA. as far as i know, pilot cadets who have successfully passed the interviews do so because of their attitude, determination, and passion for working with others within the industry. without the right attitude, i doubt that SIA would even hire an ATPL holder.

train more Singapore cadets up to the standards that SIA demands, you say. sure, an aviator's skill can be honed but please share with me, how would you suggest that we change a person's attitude? just as i don't expect you to agree with most of this discourse, i don't expect your attitude to change overnight, or even over time.

i assume that you're here in this forum because you're hoping to join SIA as a cadet pilot. but may i ask you if you've ever thought about the hundreds, if not, thousands of other pilots that you wil be flying with, or becoming batchmates with? there are going to be foreigners whether you like it or not.

as with the many others who have visited this site in hope of deriving some knowledge or tips for their upcoming interview(s), i am one who has greatly benefitted from the help that i have received from here. the positive mindset and teamwork that was previously prevalent in this thread is what i hope all future pilot cadets, ie, the people that i will be working with to posses.

so in a nutshell, it would be greatly beneficial to everyone here if we saw more productive banter from you instead of languishing on problems that are otherwise immaterial to the topic of getting through the interviews and eventually, becoming an SIA pilot.