PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HEMS in Saudí Arabia
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2012, 12:50
spinwing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mmmmm ...

swishy ....

Might it be that you perceive my comments negatively because they clash with your own biased views.

I could (but I won't) list all of the issues that should have been addressed by SRCA in setting up a HEMS service in the Kingdom ... things that should have been done just to meet the normal requirements for any aviation operation let alone an aeromedical one.

Things that many of the posters on this thread (not just me) have witnessed for themselves because they have been there and seen personally just where those deficiencies lay.

If your saying that SRCA purposefully denied those past operators those things that were required because PHI advised them that they were not necessary and that those decisions were approved at a board level ... well that just proves my point.

The thing is ... a lot of motivated Aviators and Paramedics signed up to go to Saudi with the intention of doing a 'first class' 'worlds best practice' job ... when they got there they found that was just not going to happen.

And to address your quote ...

....Your way is the right way; therefore the correct observation based on what exactly?

I can only guess your inferring that I have may have limited experience to back up my views ..... perhaps your right (but I don't think so) ... I note from your log on data that you purport to be 34 yrs of age ... that if true means that I flew my first EMS task before you were born ... and I have been involved with this type of tasking for some considerable time ... I guess its that long timescale of accrued knowledge that allows me to make those judgements.

I do hope the PHI HEMS incarnation works for the people of Saudi Arabia .... time WILL tell .... but I can tell you that 'Faith & Optimism' will just NOT hack the pace in EMS or Aviation .... it needs a motivated skilled & trained up team that can see where things need to be improved and then do that quickly .... It also should not be burdened by an inept egotistic bureaucracy ... Quite the opposite in fact!

Lives depend on it !!

In the meantime ... I will of course continue to enjoy being me

Cheers ...